How is the new Nokia N8
Nokia I can say have come a long way in an industry were the smart phone giants such as Apple iPhone and Android based phones have made some serious market share.
First of let’s see if Nokai has made the right moves with the latest release
- It’s been a bold move by Nokia to have released a Symbian based Phone (N8).
- Surprisingly the new Nokia N8 is better in its touch response capabilities. It doesn’t put you through a configuration utility to use this feature like other so called smart phones do even today.
- Nokia has built the N8 with a loads of features which every normal not so Apple or Android obsessed user’s will appreciate for its availability on a Nokia phone.
- A HDMI out?. You got it mate. That’s what Nokia wants to tell you with this phone. They do have it by the way. I will review the accessories and other features a further down this reading.
So now let’s wrap up the first of read this part of this reading for now. Let’s get to the details, I am a designer by training so bear with me with all the ramblings if any on the design and contours of the new Nokia N8.
Time for some Pic’s.
Time for the some nit picking
Some may not agree with the fact that the Nokia N8 is a stunning piece of work compared to most other smart phones in the market today, especially the over obsessed configure your phone first phone manufactures. Saying that the Nokia N8 is neither perfect nor flawed. It holds up pretty good when held, the touch is superb compared to other symbian based phone’s in the market. Did someone say that Sony is switching all of its phones to Android platform?. Yes they are, but why?. Come on Sony don’t do that. Symbian is a beauty to do stuff on its own terms, i mean at one point in time we were all the great loves of the Finlandhish connecting people slogan. Let’s keep connecting shall we?.
The Top of the Nokia N8
- Nokia AV Connector
- HDMI Connector – That’s cool yeah!. I mean wow with the cables included with the phone who can resist it for a symbian phone.
- Power Key
The Front of the Nokia N8
- Menu Key – This is called the Apple’ listises – I mean a single button to be used as it’s on an Apple iPhone.
- Secondary camera lens
The Back of the Nokia N8
- Camera flash
- Camera lens
- Memory card slot
- SIM card slot
- Charging indicator light
- Micro USB connector
- Volume/ Zoom Key – Now that’s pretty neat ain’t it? – I like the idea of using the button to zoom things up and down.
- Lock switch – This is a bit of a biter for those solemnly sore allegiance to Nokia for the don’t know how many past few year’s. Sorry folks Nokia just changed the lock switch and you got to take it. Can you?. You should. It’s not bad folks just don’t rub your finger’s or your palm on that switch and you will be locked out. Nokia user friendly? Don’t think so here.
- Camera key – Standard for all camera phones rather standard for all CARL SEISS lens accommodated camera phone’s i think.
The bottom of the Nokia N8
- Charging connector
- Wrist strap hole – Do people still use this hole? Wow. ok.
Special note from the Nokia catalogue folks – If your finger tips are cold, the screen may not respond to your touch. Please have a complete workout done for your finger’s before touching the screen. If you are working in a really cold office or home environment I suggest you switch off your air cons and rub your fingers against something rigid and then try touching your phone.
These are suggestions only, the author of this post that is me will not be responsible for any of your irresponsible actions.